[Scribus] scribus to word. Caution on OpenOffice to MS Word

Louis Desjardins louis_desjardins
Mon Nov 26 16:10:20 CET 2007

Kirk Tirakian a ?crit :
> OpenOffice is it is a nice cheap office suite
> if you want to read the letter Auntie wrote you with her genuine MS Word
> or the spreadsheet from your favorite club's annual financial statement.
> However, I have experienced creating a more complex layout than a
> simple letter
> and the elements DID NOT stay in exactly the same place and/or size
> in OpenOffice
> as they were in MS Word. So I would stay in a like to like mode if
> you are collaborating with
> others to make a newsletter or some other print item. MS Word is a
> hair pulling experience by itself
> that will only get worse if you are doing Word to OpenOffice or vice
> versa.

Hi,

Going back and forth from one version of an app. to the other or even to
another app is one thing that can lead to slight differences between
documents. But the major argument in this equation is fonts. You have to
make sure the same fonts are available to everyone opening this
document. Otherwise, there are 100 % chances that they won't look the same.

HTH

Louis