[Scribus] Scribus on MacPorts compiles, runs and ... results in plenty of X errors

Thorsten Zörner mail
Sat Nov 24 01:46:44 CET 2007

Dear list,

what seems to be the problem here on my
MacBook Pro, Intel Core Duo, MacOS 10.5.1, MacPorts 1.52?

After erasing everything of Fink and MacPorts and X11
und reinstalling X11 from the Leopard Disk along with the X11 SDK,
I have freshly compiled Scribus on MacPorts with no error.
Now I launch Scribus from Terminal.app like this

Macintosh:~ thorsten$ scribus

and get about 20 lines of
QDateTime::fromString: Parameter out of range

while Scribus starts up, which is followed by hundreds of lines of
X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 8
  Major opcode:  67
  Minor opcode:  0
  Resource id:  0x2002d2
X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 8
  Major opcode:  66
  Minor opcode:  0
  Resource id:  0x2002d2

Inside Scribus, I can open a file. Opening the document properties
document
a menu with icons - or are they glyphs? - is screwed up when scrolling
through them.
What's wrong?

And by the way, is this problem to be addressed to lists discussing
X11, MacPorts, Scribus or all of the above?
There was no reply from the X11-List yet, so I am trying here.

Really appreciate your help!
Cheers,
Thorsten.