[Scribus] 1.3.5 runs slowly.

avox avox
Tue Nov 20 18:31:32 CET 2007

John Culleton-3 wrote:

> All versions of Scribus run slowly, but 1.3.5 seems slower than ever.  One
> has
> to wait several seconds of the software to react. Gimp or Inkscape seem to
> run faster.   For example just zeroing out the number field in the bar
> code
> generator takes about 15 seconds.

Since 1.3.5svn is the current development version, it can change from one
hour
to the next. So if you want to do something about it, you'd need to tell us
when
you downloaded it and what specific function seems to be slow.
Or you just wait for things to improve.

> If this is caused by inadequate hardware what are the desired specs?
> Currently
> I run 512 MByte main memory and a 780 Mhz Athlon processor, Slackware
> Linux
> 12.

Scribus should do fine on that hardware unless you have documents with lots
of
imageframes. You might want to check if you have a debug build or not; the
executables in debug mode are much larger and eat more memory.

/Andreas