[Scribus] How to create barcodes in scribus

Owen rcook
Mon Nov 19 08:52:08 CET 2007

> I installed the latest Ghostscript and the gswin32.exe for Scribus for
> my Windows XP Pro machine. (I know that the directions said to install
> gswin32c.exe, but that wasn't available for download from sourceforge.)

I think if the instructions said use gswin32c.exe, then you should
probably try to use it. Look at
http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/doc/AFPL/get850.htm and I think it is part
of the  gs850w32.exe download.  (about 10 Mbytes)

Anyway, you might already have that, so look at the wiki,
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Win32_version_of_Scribus and see if you
have followed the instructions

<snip>
> And then.... >>>>>>>>>>> Nothing. Nada. I did this over and over and
> over again and despite seeing the little screen pop up that shows a
> progress bar of the barcode supposedly being generated - if anything is
> being generated, I have no idea where it is.

Well, there is something if you have a correct installation, is there
anything at the end of your mouse pointer, a small note icon perhaps, then
move the mouse pointer to where you want it on your document.

Owen