[Scribus] wmf export in scribus

Robin Haunschild H
Sat Nov 17 18:18:28 CET 2007

Hi,

am Samstag, 17. November 2007 17:54 schrieb Gregory Pittman:
> Robin Haunschild wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > although I usually prefer eps graphics, it would be great if
> > Scribus could export wmf files
> > (http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Metafile) in future versions
> > because Openoffice can use wmf files more efficiently than eps
> > files. Are there patent problems about I do not know concerning the
> > wmf file format?
>
> so you're exporting from Scribus to openoffice? Gasp!

Well, more or less only use Scribus to create nice figures. If I write
something privately, I export them from Scribus to LaTeX but
unfortunally, my boss refuses to use LaTeX. He is used to work with
Word and does not want to change this habit. Therefore, everything he
wants to have digitally I have to provide in a Word-Doc format.
However, MS-Word and OpenOffice need a huge amount of resources after
importing 10 eps figures. Although eps and wmf are vector graphics, I
didn't find such behaviour for wmf files. Anyway my (ugly) workaround
now is to create figures in Scribus, exporting them as eps, renaming
them, importing them into Corel Draw and finally exporting them as wmf
files. The last step is obviously the nastiest one. ;)
It would be much easier to directly export figures from Scribus in eps
and wmf format (for my and my bosses use). ;)

Best regards,

Robin
--
Robin Haunschild
<H at unschild.de>

  .''`.     Ha Psi ist gleich Eh Psi
 : :'  :    -Niemals aufgeben, niemals kapitulieren-
 `. `'`    *Linux* - apt-get into it
   `-

Ich bin entschieden gegen Softwarepatente!
Weitere Informationen unter http://www.tuxschild.de

Bitte senden Sie mir keine Word-, Excel- oder PowerPoint-Anh?nge.
Siehe http://www.deshalbfrei.org/
  und http://www.deshalbfrei.org/briefe:word-dateien
Dateiname   : nicht verf?gbar
Dateityp    : application/pgp-signature