[Scribus] opening 1339 files in 134

Louis Desjardins louis_desjardins
Thu Nov 15 13:58:58 CET 2007

avox a ?crit :

> Mario Colombo wrote:
>> Hello there
>>
>> I just gave Scribus 1.3.4 a try and noticed that Scribus 1.3.3.9 couldn't
>> handle my *.sla files anymore once opened by Scribus 1.3.4. I didn't even
>> save them. Just opening sla-files renders them unreadable to Scribus
>> 1.3.3.9.
>>

> Make sure to switch off autosave in 133x (and save the file) before you open
> it in 134.

Ha. This is a trap any (unaware) user could easily fall into (and even
an aware user).

I am unable to check this now but in any event I would strongly suggest
the tooltip be made clear and even more than that, a clear warning on
the website, in the download or installation notes for the unstable branch.

This kind of settings (like auto-save) usually get forgotten by users.
In this case it can create more problems than one can think on the first
place.

Of course, there is always something called a back-up that is always a
good idea to have at hand. :)

Louis

--
Louis Desjardins