[Scribus] Colour management confusion

rockbeer bruce
Wed Nov 14 22:35:45 CET 2007

Hi there all,
I'm trying to get to grips with colour management. I thought I was getting
there, had everything set up nicely, appropriate profiles downloaded and
applied, everything looking good. I do my image work in photoshop and page
layout in scribus, and the confusion is about the way they talk to each
other.

Let's say I set up a cmyk colour in scribus and fill a box with it. So far
so good.

Now in Photoshop I create a cmyk graphic - a smaller box, filled entirely
with the same (numeric) colour.

When I drop the photoshop image into an image frame in scribus, superimposed
over the filled box, why does it display in a different colour to the
underlying shape?

And when I export the page to PDF and fire it up in the PDF reader, the
colour difference is still apparent.

What do I have to do to get scribus to treat photoshop-generated cmyk
colours the same as scribus-generated ones?

Please help if you can. I'm sure I'm doing something very obvious wrong.

Thanks.