[Scribus] DRop shadow.

avox avox
Wed Nov 14 01:33:37 CET 2007

celsojr wrote:

> Err... I could be wrong but. are we not going too far for what a DTP app
> is made for?

No. :-)

> See, If a text is filled with effects like drop shadows, isn't it
> belonging to the Illustration field? I'm thinking in some designer using
> a hypotetical drop shadow effect in a text frame, full of text, and
> screaming about "how slow scribus is".... O_o

Well, effects would operate on the rasterized frame. We need to rasterize
anyhow when we display on screen, and we already have image effects for
imageframes, so I don't see a fundamental speed issue.

Same goes for printing. AFAIK PDF doesnt support drop shadows for vectors
yet, so we'd need to generate a rasterized image for PDF, too.

/Andreas