[Scribus] PDF importing quality

Conal Jardine conal
Tue Nov 6 18:25:00 CET 2007

Gregory Pittman wrote:

> It may also be worth using pdftops to convert to postscript, in which
> case you import (File > Import > EPS/PS) rather than load into an image
> frame.

This could be the holy grail for importing our newspapers adverts with
vector data intact! I'm Having trouble making it work though. pdftops is
working fine but Scribus says "importing file blahblah.ps failed"

At the moment, we first try and import the pdf's directly using (File >
Import > EPS/PS). This only works with very basic pdf's. Often we have
to rasterize the adverts.

Any more tips on a work-flow that lets us preserve vector from pdf's
would be great!

Thanks in advance!

Conal