[Scribus] Can't suppress printing borders of controls on PDF forms?

Marc Tompkins marc.tompkins
Thu Nov 1 08:51:55 CET 2007

Hello all -

I'm using Scribus 1.3.3.9 on Windows XP.  I'm creating PDF forms that are
intended to be filled in and printed on a desktop PC - not for the Web, not
to save FDF data, etc.
I want to print only the contents of my fields - black type against the
white of the page - and, in fact, it does work for text boxes.  However, no
matter what I've tried I can't suppress printing the borders of list boxes.
If I switch to combo boxes, I can suppress printing the borders, but I can't
get rid of the grey drop-down icon.  I've tried changing

Is this designed behaviour, or am I missing something, or is it a bug?  Once
again, the desired effect is that the user-entered data will simply be
printed on the form as if it had been typed there - no border around it, no
control icon.

Thanks in advance -

Marc
--