[Scribus] Scribus Digest, Vol 51, Issue 49

davecs d4vecs
Thu May 31 17:07:27 CEST 2007

On 5/31/07, scribus-request at nashi.altmuehlnet.de <
scribus-request at nashi.altmuehlnet.de> wrote:

> Message: 10
> Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 07:10:48 -0700 (PDT)
> From: avox <avox at arcor.de>
> Subject: Re: [Scribus] How to print?
> To: scribus at nashi.altmuehlnet.de
>

> Gregory Pittman wrote:
> >
> > BandiPat wrote:
> >> Ok, I've got a dumb question.  How do you make Scribus print from the
> >> program to your printer attached to your computer?  I haven't been able
> >> to print anything directly since version 4 or 5, 1.3.3!
> >>
> >> Oh sure, you can print to pdf or you can set an alternate command using
> >> kprinter, but it use to be possible to print directly to your attached
> >> printer.  What happened?
> >>
> > Don't know about your distro, but on FC6 there is a problem directly
> > printing from Scribus in the "usual" way.
> > You might try this workaround:
> > http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Fedora_Core_6_-_Troubleshooting
> >
> > There must have been some change in CUPS, but Scribus is my only program
> > I have trouble with.
> >

> I think some Ubuntu version had the same problem. It appears that CUPS
> handles PostScript files with CMYK colorspace incorrectly when sending to
> desktop printer via GutenPrint.
>
> /Andreas

And I thought it was just me! It doesn't print in PCLinuxOS either. Again, I
have this problem with no other apps at all. It says it is printing, no
error is reported, hplip says the job has been done, just nothing comes out
the printer. The same if I try to print through kprinter. It's as if it's
sending an empty file.

Dave Spagnol