[Scribus] Ang. Re: Real life expirience with Scribus 1.3.4cvs

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Thu May 31 15:51:37 CEST 2007

avox wrote:

> andreas.karlsson wrote:
>
>> cbradney at scribus.info @ INTERNET wrote 2007-05-31 15:21:52 :
>>

>>> You should not even be considering 1.3.4 for production work. It is a
>>> development version.
>>>
>>> It is more than likely that we will not even fix any of the problems in
>>> 1.3.4.x but fix them and release the Qt4 ported 1.3.5 with the fixes.
>>>
>> This
>>
>>> has yet to be finally decided though. 1.3.5 will also be a
>>> development version and until we decide otherwise,
>>> 1.3.3.x will remain the stable series so please use it for production
>>>
>> work
>>
>>> unless you are willing to run with the issues found (and not yet found)
>>>
>> in
>>
>>> 1.3.4.
>>>
>> Which version will be the next stable version of Scribus, and when will it
>> be released?
>>

> You will not like this:
>
> 1.4, and "when it's ready"
>
> :-)
>
> /Andreas

For now, 1.3.3.9 is the only one to recommend. That having been said,
historically, as time goes on we find that the "unstable" versions get
most of the bugs ironed out and become usable (even though they may not
get that "stable" moniker). You have to keep track as you experiment
with 1.3.4, since its file format cannot be imported into 1.3.3.x and
earlier.
There are enough enhancements in 1.3.4 that no doubt people will be
itching to use it -- just give yourself a safety net.

Greg