[Scribus] Forcing styles

H A R R I S S O N harrisson
Thu May 31 13:41:59 CEST 2007

Once imported from .odt document, we can't find a way to "force style"
text.

Salut!

We are currently setting a workflow based on FLOSS for a magazine, using
Open Office and Scribus.
We defined styles in Open Office and in Scribus, using the same names.
We imported it in scribus, (merging name styles).

Text imports well, but:

In the Story Editor (and in the property boxe), styles mentionned for
paragraphs, are all "no style".
If another style is given to a paragraph, paragraph takes the new style
name, but nothing changes in the document. And a "+" appears on the side
of the style name: "style +" (In Quark, such sign would indicate that
elements in the paragraph are not corresponding to the definition of
style. Clicking style with "alt" key would force the style on the whole
paragraph)
Resetting "no style" changes nothing.

Problem found on Scribus 1.3.4, both on ubuntu and OSX

New scribus 1.3.4 is a great step futher. Thank you so much for the bleeds!