[Scribus] Announce Scribus 1.3.4 - Open Source Page Layout

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins
Thu May 31 05:25:57 CEST 2007

2007/5/30, Lou deMartelly <loudemartelly at sbcglobal.net>:

> P L E A S E take me off your mailing list.

Please visit

browse to the bottom of the page and follow the unsubscribe instructions.

Scribus doesn't seem to accept input from any form of OpenOffice Writer
> output.

Quite the opposite unless I misundertand what you are saying Scribus and
OO.o are getting along pretty well. Better than other well-known DTP apps...
Scribus can import OO.o files, as well as it can import stylesheets included
with OO.o writer files. Ask around whether other apps can do that...

Plus, we have had great discussions at LGM 2007 on Scribus *and* Open
Document Format. Maybe yoy are looking at this a bit abruptly. Please give
it a bit of time. Of course you can disconnect when you want to.

I am not interested any longer and I don't want the deluge of complaint mail
> on which I seem to be included.

I am not aware of what you are talking about here. Sorry.

Louis

*Plinnell <mrdocs at scribus.info>* wrote:

> [...]
> paragraphs, character styles and line styles. This is now managed by
> a new style manager palette.
>
> * The new text layout engine has a multitude of enhancements for
> vastly better more appealing justification, including the use of
> optical margins and more sophisticated word spacing algorithms.
>
> *New pre-press capabilities including, registration marks, crop marks,
> calibration bars and document meta info. These are all easily managed
> within the print and PDF export dialogs.
>
> * Color management enhancements including better CMYK > CMYK
> conversions.
> * A rewritten and more capable Scrapbook
> * Support for patterns; both bitmap and vector
> * A more capable Align and Distribute Palette
> * Extended Multiple Copying
> *New transparency features including blend modes for layers and
> individual objects
> * A new cross-platform Icon set from the Tango Project
>
> Detailed release notes:
> (EN)
> http://www.scribus.net/releases/1.3.4/Scribus-1.3.4.EN_releasenotes.pdf
> (DE)
> http://www.scribus.net/releases/1.3.4/Scribus-1.3.4.DE_releasenotes.pdf
>

> Downloads:
> Source and some rpms:
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=125235
>
> Upstream Debian/Ubuntu repo: http://debian.scribus.net
> Ubuntu users are advised to see:
>
> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Getting_Scribus_on_Ubuntu/Kubuntu_up_and_running
>
> Fedora 5/6 RPMS:
>
> http://software.opensuse.org/download/home:/mrdocs/Fedora_Extras_6/repodata/
>
> http://software.opensuse.org/download/home:/mrdocs/Fedora_Extras_5/repodata/
>
> Opensuse RPMS 10.0, SLE 10,10.1,10.2:
> http://software.opensuse.org/download/home:/mrdocs/
>
> MacOSX: http://aqua.acribus.net
>
> Windows 2000/XP: http://windows.scribus.net
>
> The Scribus Team would also like to thank - Anduin.net/?verby
> Consulting and Cardia AS for their continued hosting of all of the
> Scribus websites.
>
> The Scribus Team would also like to thank the many end users,
> translators, testers and contributors who helped us with this
> release. In particular, Christoph Sch?fer for his extensive testing
> and bug reporting throughout 1.3.4's development.
>

> About Scribus
>
> Scribus is a cross-platform open source page layout application with a
> focus on high quality commercial grade PDF and postscript export.
> Originally developed on Linux, Scribus now runs natively on MacOSX,
> OS/2, many forms of Unix and Windows 2000/XP.
>
> Underneath the modern and user friendly interface, Scribus supports
> professional publishing features, such as CMYK color, spot colors,
> separations, ICC color management and versatile PDF creation. Scribus
> was the first page layout application on the planet to directly
> support PDF/X-3 output, a rigorous ISO standard. Scribus did so by

Louis Desjardins
Pr?sident
Association qu?b?coise pour le d?veloppement et la promotion des logiciels
libres
1751, rue Richardson, bureau 3517, Montr?al (Qu?bec) Canada H3K 1G6
Organisateur officiel / Official Organiser
Libre Graphics Meeting 2007 - Montr?al
www.libregraphicsmeeting.org/fr
www.libregraphicsmeeting.org
+1 514 934 1353 HAE / EDT GMT -4