[Scribus] Tutorial

Tom Hicks tom
Wed May 30 23:49:50 CEST 2007

In message <1034739.40435.XAMJXAlJE1M=.1180506629.squirrel at webmailer.h
osteurope.de>
          "Michael Engel" <mkengel at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to print the beginner's tutorial:
> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Get_Started_with_Scribus
>
> It is impossible to get a nice print - neither on Firefox nor on IE but IE
> output being much better than the Firefox output -  lots of overlapping
> text and pictures. If someone like to see a pdf of it, I can send.
>
> Is it the wiki software ?

It's probably a combination of web browsers being notoriously bad at
printing out complex web pages, (for example, Firefox has unfixed
printing bugs from 3+ years ago mainly as people don't print stuff
that often off websites) oh, and a webpage that hasn't been designed
to be printed in its current format, there were plans to plonk it all
into scribus at some stage to produce printable pdfs, but I don't
think it has been done yet

Tomh