[Scribus] Announce Scribus 1.3.4 - Open Source Page Layout

John R. Culleton john
Tue May 29 23:27:38 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 29 May 2007 16:34, Plinnell wrote:

> * The new text layout engine has a multitude of enhancements for
> vastly better more appealing justification, including the use of
> optical margins and more sophisticated word spacing algorithms.

First congratulations to all those involved. Now I would like to pin
down exactly what is meant by the above paragraph. As we all know
both TeX and InDesign use a paragraph justification scheme, and
Quark, MSWord Pagemaker etc. use line by line justification. Where
does the latest Scribus fall in these groupings?  More like TeX and
ID or more like Quark?
--
John Culleton
Able Indexing and Typesetting