[Scribus] Slightly OT - Are there any PDF1.6 editors available?

Julian Robbins julian.robbins
Wed May 23 15:47:38 CEST 2007

Plinnell wrote:
> On Wednesday 23 May 2007, Julian Robbins wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Using Solidworks 2007 we can create some nifty 3D PDF's of
>> Solidworks created designs.
>>
>> Are there any cheap or free tools that you can use to edit/add
>> simple text and images with these PDF1.6 files? I don't want to be
>> able to edit the 3D part of the PDF, I'm sure thats unrealistic and
>> better off done in Solidworks.
>>
> Given the 3D content in the PDF highly unlikely.
> Here is why: http://rants.scribus.net/2006/12/10/pdf-surgery/
>
> HTH,
> Peter

Hi Pete

I've found a half answer - PDFEdit that as discussed on the list a a
little while back, DOES actually allow you to do some basic editing of
these PDF1.6 Files. I can move the 3D portion add text above it, etc.
The only things I cant do are add anything over the top of the 3D
object, and due to a limitation of PDFEdit add an image to the file.

I'm quite amazed it works to be frank.
--
Kind regards

Julian Robbins