[Scribus] Scribus in Ubuntu Egy

Roger hovergo
Fri May 18 03:16:46 CEST 2007

On my hard disk I had Fedora Core 6 and a working Scribus 1.3.3.8

I installed Ubuntu Edgy generic from Canonical over the top of FC6 leaving the
/home partition and all the working software untouched.
Blender and other software works  well with the change , Scribus does not.
What can be the reason/s for this please.
I have used apt-get to install lcms and now am out of ideas.
Do I have to delete that version of Scribus and apt-get install another version.

Reason for this is
I am introducing a number of friends to Scribus on Edgy and ran into a
difficulty or two.
--   Having to long distance teach them gedit to alter the repository
information in /etc/apt/sources.list, scary stuff for mortals.
--  There is mention of Scribus problems in edgy on the web and this may scare
my newbies away.

Are there successful Scribus-on-Edgy users out there, what did you do to achieve
successful use, which version of Scribus do  you use.

TIA
Roger