[Scribus] Help with pdf import

avox avox
Wed May 16 21:47:33 CEST 2007

Angela Gama wrote:

> Hello
>
> I am a rather new Scribus user, I love it but I am having terrible trouble
> importing some of my pdfs into a newsletter I am putting together and the
> deadline is getting closer.  Most of them worked previously in Publisher
> and I must just say that it is not a problem with every pdf.  The quality
> is terrible and the fonts are pixelated.
>
> I use Windows XP and have Scribus 1.3.8.8 installed.  I'll also point out
> that I am not a professional DTP person but have used Pagemaker, Publisher
> in the past.

Are they pixelated on screen or in the final PDF? On PDF export you can
choose with how much DPI Scribus
resamples your PDF. If that is high enough the problem should not occur.

One thing where Scribus really messes up imported PDFs is if the PDFs
contain bitmap images themselves.
If Scribus then doesnt output at exactly 100% of the original size, the
image gets resampled twice.

/Andreas