[Scribus] Preview mode => crash (1.3.4cvs20070513)

Craig Bradney cbradney
Mon May 14 22:30:21 CEST 2007

On Monday 14 May 2007 22:14:58 intrigeri wrote:
> intrigeri wrote (14 May 2007 18:24:04 GMT) :
> > in 1.3.4cvs (13 May), clicking on "Enables the Preview Mode" crashes
> > Scribus (signal 11).
>
> And clicking on Diplay / Preview mode crashes Scribus (no explicit
> signal). NB: this is a Cairo-enabled build, Shall I build with debug
> symbols and provide a backtrace ?
>
> Also, I?ve not been using Scribus for a long time, and thus I?ve not
> read the list for at least one year. I?m slowly resynchronizing :
> reading the various wiki pages about the bug tracking workflow,
> remembering my Mantis password, etc.
>
> It seems it?s still advised [1] to write to the mailing list before
> reporting bugs in Mantis, am I misunderstanding ? I fear sending
> a dozen backtraces to the list might be annoying for subscribers...
>
> [1]
> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/How_to_file_a_bug_report#Before_filing_a_
>bug
>
> Ciao,

What version of cairo are you using? Please file a bug if you are using cairo
1.2.6/1.4.0/1.4.2/1.4.6. If you are using 1.4.4, then please upgrade and
retest. You might as well put in a bug with a trace and steps to reproduce
anyway so we can test.

Regards
Craig