[Scribus] Spell checking

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Thu May 10 02:58:57 CEST 2007

russbucket wrote:
> On Wednesday May 9 2007 07:45, Petr Vanek wrote:
>
>>> Is there a plug-in or option for spell checking within Story Editor?
>>>
>> not yet
>>

> Thanks, hopefully we will have one soon as I am a lousy speller.

A bit inconvenient, but you can always save to a file, eg filename.txt,
then run
'aspell -c filename.txt'
then reload your file back into the text frame. I think it underscores
the value of starting with a text file, entering all your text, doing
the spellcheck, THEN importing into Scribus.
The question is, can we figure out a more elegant way to use aspell from
within Scribus, from a script, perhaps.

Greg