[Scribus] Scribus and FC6

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Wed May 9 15:00:37 CEST 2007

Owen wrote:
> On Wed, 09 May 2007 11:38:53 +1000
> Roger <hovergo at net-tech.com.au> wrote:
>

>> I have successfully got Scribus 1.3.3.8 to work under FC6 -- but
>> The cvs download i836 ver 1.3.3.8 currently available did not provide the icons
>> in the menu bars
>>

> If you build from cvs, it wont provide icons.

That's not true. All the icons come with cvs, just like the official
releases. Perhaps there was a problem with that particular release.
Sometimes it seems that you may need to remove an old version from its
directory before updating from cvs, and perhaps even remove old binaries
from their destination before installing. I think this is especially
true if you're jumping around from one version to another.
At any rate, since 1.3.3.9 is the current stable version, you might as
well migrate to that rather than 1.3.3.8.

Greg