[Scribus] rank beginner needs help!!

Louis Desjardins louis_desjardins
Mon May 7 21:52:14 CEST 2007

Frank Emens a ?crit :

> I've been trying to do something (anything) with Scribus to see how (and if) it'll be of use in
> preparing a 6-page newsletter for publication. Every way I've tried to import text into a text
> block results in a block full of empty, letter-sized square symbols -- no text at all.\
>
> I'm assuming that it may have something to do with specifying the text translation code used
> to import the text, but haven't been able to do anything to correct it.
>
> Does anybody have advice to offer?

Hi Frank,

It looks as if the font you're using has missing glyphs. In any event,
just change the font and it should work seamlessly. This is not a bug
but simply the way Scribus can inform you about those missing glyphs.

Let's see how it turns out and don't hesitate to get back to us here.

Louis

--
Louis Desjardins
Mardigrafe inc.