[Scribus] Scribus for Windows

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Mon May 7 19:18:54 CEST 2007

Am Montag, 7. Mai 2007 17:12 schrieb Clare Kitson:
> Thank you so much Louis, Andreas and Greg for all your help.
>
> My book will have a lot of text (maybe 80,000 words) but an enormous
> quantity of pictures too.  And as it's about a visual subject (animated
> films) I need good layout.
>
> I looked at the success stories and  found a 400-page exhibition catalogue,
> which seemed a similar kind of thing.
>
> Louis, do you happen to know what sorts of weaknesses there tend to be with
> long texts?
>
> All best
>
> Clare

Hi Clare,

the 400 page catalogue was produced by splitting the project into separate
files. The main reason was that Scribus currently becomes quite slow with
huge amounts of text present. If you split your book project by chapter,
Scribus will probably work fine for you. Be aware that Scribus doesn't
support footnotes, end notes and index (yet), though.

HTH

Christoph