[Scribus] From publisher to scribus

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Tue May 1 16:34:06 CEST 2007

Am Dienstag, 1. Mai 2007 13:45 schrieb Internet Fundraising:
> Yes I have openoffice 2.0, I can produce odt files, but then how can
> import into scribus? Please tell me step by step.
>
> Francesco
>
> Craig Bradney ha scritto:

> >> Hi Francesco,
> >>
> >> You have to use OpenOffice.org 2.* if you want produce *.odt files.
> >>
> >> Seems like you have version 1.*
> >>
> >> Cia? !
> >>
> >> Pierre

Hi Francesco,

First, OO.o 2+ can create sxw files. Just go to File > Save as. It can't save
a odt file as sxd, since sxd is a graphics file.

Second, as has been mentioned, you can import any odt/sxw file by creating a
text frame, then using the Get Text command from the context menu (right
click on the text frame). Please note that Scribus doesn't import the
document as a whole, but only formatted text.

HTH

Christoph