[Scribus] Resizing graphics on the fly.

Riku Leino tsoots
Tue May 1 14:15:10 CEST 2007

John R. Culleton wrote:
> In pdftex I can import a graphic and in the same statement specify one
> of both dimensions. The entire graphic is resized automatically to
> fit the dimension(s). Other versions of TeX have similar facilities.
>
> The only way I have found to resize on the fly in Scribus is to drop
> into Gimp. First of all this is not really resizing on the fly. And
> second when you go into Gimp you are going into the RGB color model
> which is not optimum for print. What am I missing?

Scale to frame size option from the preferences or properties palette's image
tab. Setting this in the file>prefs will make it default behaviour for all
new docs. For the current doc's new frames you will need to edit file>doc
setup. And for all existing frame you'll need to go to PP and image tab and
tick the option on there.