[Scribus] Image resolution

dwain dwain.alford
Tue May 1 03:13:41 CEST 2007

ols6000 at sbcglobal.net wrote:
> At 05:25 PM 4/30/2007, you wrote:
>>> An example image is 6495 x 3952 pixels, 4800 dpi.
>>
>> That DPI is */WAY/* higher than is practical. I would suggest scaling
>> the images down quite a bit.
>
> Well, let's say I'm using a 1200 dpi printer. If the image is to be
> printed at a size of 5" x 3", then I am printing 6000 x 3600 pixels.
> Seems about right to me.

is this a self publish job or one by a commercial printer?  if it's by a
commercial printer, i would check with them and see what resolution the
images need to be.  i have never used anything over a 300 dpi image for
any print job (home or commercial) and i always got good results.  my
printer is a 1440 dpi rez.  never had need to use it that high.

--
Dwain Alford
http://www.studiokdd.com