[Scribus] Saving screen shots for use in a manaual?

Craig Ringer craig
Fri Mar 30 21:25:04 CEST 2007

Howard R. Hansen wrote:
> What is the recommended file format for screen shots that will be use in
> a software manual?

As Christoph suggested, PNG is probably the way to go.

> I tried saving a screen shot as a PDF file and
> importing the image into a image frame.  However the result  was
> useless.  The screen shots are copies of small areas of the screen and
> include both text and graphics.

It sounds like you may not have scaled the frame contents to the frame.
Like in other DTP apps this is not the default, as Scribus assumes you
want to preserve the physical size and resolution embedded in the source
image. If you want the image scaled to fit the frame, you need to tell
Scribus so.

--
Craig Ringer