[Scribus] SCribus Server

Plinnell mrdocs
Wed Mar 21 00:42:00 CET 2007

On Tuesday 20 March 2007, Roger wrote:
> Question if I may please.
>
> Scenario:
> 2 computers over 200 km apart, both with dial up modems, both
> running the same version of Scribus.
> Can one user log directly into the other user's computer via  modem
>  (maybe not through an ISP) so that the 2 users can work on the
> same document at the same time, or alternatively, one do the
> changes and layout while the other monitors the changes.
>
> Roger

Scribus docs are not yet really made to be edited by more than one
active session.

Over dialup, the only recommendation with the possibility of decent
performance is NX connecting to X11vnc - not Xnvc. x11vns shares the
desktop, unlike normal Xvnc.

Of course, this means you need Linux or Solaris on one machine, the
client can be Windows or Mac.

I've run Scribus remotely via NX from Europe <> USA for more than two
years over DSL and it simply rocks. I've even demo'd Scribus with a
live audience using this.

Peter