[Scribus] Producing per-page diffs of PDFs?

Craig Ringer craig
Tue Mar 20 09:43:11 CET 2007

Frank Cox wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 00:56:21 -0700
> "Brian Burger" <blurdesign at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to produce per-page diffs of two PDFs?
>
> You could use something like pdftk to tear the files down into individual pages
> and then use cmp to determine which pages are identical.

For that to work you'd need to suppress generation of any sort of
timestamp or document ID. It's also not going to work if different
indirect object IDs get assigned, if fonts are embedded slightly
differently, etc. I'd be quite surprised to get two documents that matched.

--
Craig Ringer