[Scribus] Scribus - MySQL Interface Available?

Nicholas Vettese nvettese
Mon Mar 19 14:45:19 CET 2007

If they will be better implemented in 1.3.4, then getting that documentation
out ahead of time would be beneficial to the project.  If I had any idea of
how to use MySQL, I would help.

Nick

-----Original Message-----
From: scribus-bounces at nashi.altmuehlnet.de
[mailto:scribus-bounces at nashi.altmuehlnet.de] On Behalf Of Gregory Pittman
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2007 9:23 AM
To: scribus at nashi.altmuehlnet.de
Subject: Re: [Scribus] Scribus - MySQL Interface Available?

Riku Leino wrote:
> Sam & Marissa Andolino wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know where I could find a version of Scribus with a MySQL
>> interface?  If not, is it possible to add it as a plug-in?
>>

> With your Scribus installation there should be a script called
> sample_db_usage.py in the prefix/share/scribus/samples directory. The
script
> uses mysql as a db. You can probably use that as a starting point for your

> own script.

I think all that's needed is the python extensions for mysql. What's
happening on the Scribus end shouldn't matter. We probably should work
on some additional examples, but one thing that's needed is a sense of
how someone might use mysql along with Scribus. Presumably in many cases
this would involve use of lists and/or tables, which are not so well
implemented in Scribus yet.

Greg