[Scribus] OT: Typing IPA characters

John Jason Jordan johnxj
Sun Mar 18 19:12:05 CET 2007

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 18:14:15 +0100
Maciej Hanski <ma_han2000 at yahoo.de> dijo:

> > Sorry for the confusion. The link is not broken and the file is there.
> > The problem is that I'm an idiot when it comes to making web pages. I
> > didn't know how to make it automatically pop up a "save file as"
> > window. So in order to download it you have to right-click on the link,
> > then on "save link as."
>
> Sorry to bother you again, but "save link as" won't work if the file is
> not there, please open the web page and check the link yourself:
>
> Not Found
> The requested URL /~johj/IPA_Chart.rtf was not found on this server.

I just did it and had no problem. I downloaded the file just fine.

But now that I read the error message you posted above I see the
problem. You are not even on the page. There is no separate page for
IPA_Chart.rtf. The correct URL for the page is:

http://web.pdx.edu/~johj/

Just copy and paste the above into your browser exactly as it is --
don't add anything. That will take you to the web page. Then scroll to
the bottom of the page where you will see "This is the RTF file."
Right-click on it and then on "save link as."