[Scribus] Google SoC, update

Oleksandr Moskalenko malex
Thu Mar 15 20:29:31 CET 2007

* Henning Schr?der <henning.schroeder at gmail.com> [2007-03-15 11:30:01 +0100]:

> Hi!
>
> 2007/3/15, Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com>:
> > Scribus's application to Google Summer of Code 2007 is accepted
> That is great news for Scribus :)
>
> > and we
> > are now waiting for students to show up and sign for projects we
> > listed here:
> > http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/SoC2007_ideas
> Are you only interested in the projects listed there or would you like
> to hear about other ideas too?
>
> I once wrote a prototype of a Python extensions manager (inspired by
> Firefox) and wrote some extensions like for example an OpenClipArt
> browser (see http://henning.cco-ev.de/scribus/).
> If you are interested I would to like to work to work on this topic
> again. I think the scripting interface has great potential which is
> currently totally underestimated. As part of the project I would like
> to find out what is currently missing in the scripting interface and
> try to add it.
>
> Regards
> Henning

Henning and others,

Please read my rant at http://rants.scribus.net/ for more info, but in short,
if your idea is not in the list then add it to the "Blue Sky" section ;).
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php?title=SoC2007_ideas&action=edit&section=7

We are in the student application submission/idea review phase, which will
only last 10 days, so interested students _must_ get moving fast.

Cheers,

Alex.