[Scribus] MacOS EPS import?

Adam Steer adsteer
Thu Mar 15 05:40:03 CET 2007

hello!
I've recently installed scribus [ 1.3.3.8 aqua, build ID C-C-T-F-A-
Mac/aqua ] and Ghostscript 8.5 as per instructions at:

http://www.scribus.net/index.php?name=Sections&req=viewarticle&artid=3

..on my MacOS 10.4.9 PPC. Primarily because I want to lay out a set
of EPS files without needing to build them as an image in gimp, or
buy indesign ;-)

However - scribus patently refuses to import any .eps files I point
it at, *unless* scribus generated them. If the .eps file was
generated by anything else, scribus gets to 33% in overall progress,
then tells me that importing the file failed!

...now that's a little selfish ;-) - but primarily not very useful.
It seems to be a common problem, but a good day of googling poring
over lists has brough no joy. Maybe I'm a poor researcher!

I would highly appreciate any pointers to URLs, tips or tricks that
would get scribus reading eps files..

Thanks!

Adam