[Scribus] grayscale images imported as RGB?

Terence Chan terence
Tue Mar 13 22:37:45 CET 2007

Excuse my ignorance but why is it important/deirable to have greyscale
images on the K plate only? I finished a book recently with lots
of greyscale images colour profiled in RGB/CMYK PDF (set to "printer").
The page proofs from the printer look just like what I wanted, so what's
wrong with that?

Terence