[Scribus] Different Distros - different versions of Scribus?

Oleksandr Moskalenko malex
Tue Mar 13 08:13:06 CET 2007

* Elaine de Saxe <coolowl at hotkey.net.au> [2007-03-12 21:39:02 +1000]:

> Good morning ... I'm playing about with Linux distros trying to
> decide which one/s will do what I need ...
>
> Out of the myriad of distros, I chose seven to trial.
>
> The first is Ubuntu and I discover to my surprise, that I can only
> get 1.2x via Synaptic. I read Aleksandr's comment about the Ubuntu
> developers and since I'm more interested in Scribus than Ubuntu, I'm
> happy to go on to another distro.

Elaine,

You can get the latest scribus release for Ubuntu Dapper and Edgy (should work
on Feisty, too). Please go to http://debian.scribus.net. If the instructions
are not clear please tell me, so I could improve them. There is indeed an
Ubuntu qt3-related issue with number input fields in the properties palette,
but there are workarounds described in the bug report mentioned in this
thread. And this issue will go away once we make a change to qt4 as our
testing showed.

Regards,

Alex.

Your friendly Debian/Ubuntu Scribus packager.