[Scribus] Q: Adding image with transparency

D. R. Evans doc.evans
Thu Mar 8 01:55:56 CET 2007

Christoph Sch?fer said the following at 03/06/2007 06:46 PM :

> Select the image frame, open the properties palette, go to the "Colour" tab
> and select "None". If want to make this the default behaviour, you can do so
> in "File > Preferences" (general) or "File > Document Setup" (current
> document) under "Tools".

I think that billsey at earthlink.net clarified a lot of things for me. It
seems like I was making a fundamental error in thinking that Scribus was
the right tool for creating a complex layered image (for a book cover), and
instead I should be using GIMP for it.

I had been thinking that the right way to proceed was to use GIMP to build
each image, and then I would use Scribus to position the images on multiple
layers and move the images on the layers around, but clearly that's not the
right approach if Scribus doesn't know anything opacity.

I'm not sure how I'm going to handle the text flow of the blurb box on the
back cover in GIMP, but I expect that I'll solve that somehow. I have about
12 hours invested in the project so far (which is far too long for what
should be a fairly simple task) so basically now I just want to get it done
by fair means or foul.

Anyway I apologise for asking what turned out to be inappropriate questions
here.