[Scribus] Debugging Scribus

Paul paul
Wed Mar 7 02:08:15 CET 2007

Hi,

> 1) How do I install the src.rpm in such a way that Scribus can be
> built?

rpm -ihv scribus*src.rpm usually works.

I'd install the fedora build development stuff first as it means you
don't need to pratt around with moving to /usr/src

> 2) What is in scribus-devel and scribus-debug?

Headers, .so files for the first, debugging information in the second

> 3) How do I do the build so as to include debugging information for
> all libraries?

rpmbuild -ba rpmbuild/SPECS/scribus.spec

> 4) Where do I find the freetype2-devel package? rpmfind shows a
> package "FreeType development libraries and header files, Fedora Core
> 6 updates for i386, freetype-devel-2.2.1-16.fc6.i386.rpm", that looks
> like the right thing, but attempting to download it gets an ftp error
> 550, "Failed to change directory".

yum -y install freetype2-devel

TTFN

Paul
Fedora Contributor
--
Sie k?nnen mich aufreizen und wirklich hei? machen!