[Scribus] Installing separate Ghostscript version

Rolf-Werner Eilert eilert-sprachen
Tue Mar 6 17:26:12 CET 2007

avox schrieb:

> Eilert wrote:
>> I remember there was an article in the Scribus wiki about installing
>> additional Ghostscript versions for use with Scribus - am I wrong?
>>
>> Where did I read about this?
>>

> That's probably for distributions which only install EPS-Ghostscript for use
> with CUPS. That version is not ideal for Scribus, so we usually recommend to
> install the latest GNU or AFPL version (currently 8.54) and point Scribus to
> its installation.
> This improves PS/EPS import and enables transparency and CMYK mode in print
> preview.
>
> /Andreas

Yes, I just want Scribus to use it, the rest of the CUPS and the whole
zoo of apps in my (somewhat older) distro may keep on running as usual.
So I need to compile and install the latest GS completely separated from
the rest of the system. Is that possible?

Rolf