[Scribus] Debugging Scribus

Craig Bradney cbradney
Mon Mar 5 09:39:53 CET 2007

> Original HTML messages are attached

<ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/fedora/core/updates/6/i386/freetype-devel-2.2.1-16.fc6.i386.rpm>freetype-devel-2.2.1-16.fc6.i386.rpm",

> that looks like the right thing, but attempting to download it gets
> an ftp error 550, "Failed to change directory".
> 5) Are there plans to change from Qt 3 to Qt 4?
>
> Any other tips on debugging will be welcomed.

Personally, I think you are complicating life a lot in doing it this way. If
you are going to be looking at the source code and attempting to debug
something, why not just grab the current source from 1.3.3.x cvs and build
with that. This is all outlined on docs.scribus.net under the installing
section. Given you have Scribus installed and running, you will have all of
the packages, apart from perhaps some of the devel packages for the
libraries.

We are changing to Qt4 in 1.3.5. This will be the primary target of 1.3.5,
no new features. (also, dumping autotools, using cairo as the primary
renderer and moving to subversion)

Regards
Craig