[Scribus] newbie question: picture size

D. R. Evans doc.evans
Sun Mar 4 05:03:36 CET 2007

Riku Leino said the following at 02/27/2007 10:12 PM :

>> (This is 64-bit Scribus 1.2.4.1, as supplied with Kubuntu dapper.)
>
> You really should update your Scribus. The latest stable version is 1.3.3.8.
> There will be huge difference with these two versions (for good).
> http://debian.scribus.net should have all the info you need.

When I followed the instructions at that URL (i.e., added some sources and
GPG keys) and told synaptic to update, I got:

http://debian.scribus.net/debian/dists/dapper/Release: Unable to find
expected entry  main/binary-amd64/Packages in Meta-index file (malformed
Release file?)
http://debian.tagancha.org/debian/dists/dapper/main/binary-amd64/Packages.gz:
400 Bad Request
http://debian.tagancha.org/debian/dists/dapper/restricted/binary-amd64/Packages.gz:
400 Bad Request
http://debian.tagancha.org/debian/dists/dapper/main/source/Sources.gz: 400
Bad Request
http://debian.tagancha.org/debian/dists/dapper/restricted/source/Sources.gz:
400 Bad Request

So I removed the sources from my sources.list file again.

FWIW, essentially the same instructions are at:
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Getting_Scribus_on_Ubuntu/Kubuntu_up_and_running

They definitely don't work on my system.