[Scribus] A dotted line...

Pierre-Luc Auclair p.lucauclair
Thu Jun 28 20:16:03 CEST 2007

Hi Femke, glad to hear from you!

The problem with Scribus is that it does not implement the dash-array in
a way accessible via the UI. I'm unsure as if it's available from
another file, but I already discussed it with the devs on IRC and they
are aware of it.

There is a way to do it in Inkscape which is fairly easy (but you gotta
know it).

First, create your line. Set your width then set the cap property to
round cap.

Now open the XML Editor and locate the "stroke-dasharray" property from
the line style. Set it to 0, x. It is very important to have the first
number set to zero to create a perfect circle, the second will be the
gap size in pixels. To have it in points or another unit, insert say 0,
8pt and when you press set it will convert pt to px automatically. I
know this is not exactly what you'd like but at least it works.

You can have up to 11 numbers in this array to keep them PostScript
compatible. Inkscape will draw up to 64, if you wanna go the raster way.

Hope this helps!

Pierre-Luc