[Scribus] A dotted line...

Louis Desjardins louis_desjardins
Thu Jun 28 18:19:38 CEST 2007

Femke Snelting a ?crit :
> Christoph Sch?fer wrote:
>  > Am Donnerstag, 28. Juni 2007 16:39 schrieb Femke Snelting:
>  >> Dear list,
>  >>
>  >> We're in the middle of producing Mute Magazine 06 in Scribus 1.3.3.9
>  >> (should be out next July!), and so far so good. :-)
>  >>
>  >> For this we need to import a few illustrations originally done in Quark
>  >> (I exported the document from Quark as pdf, and than converted them to
>  >> ps). All goes well besides one small detail: somehow in Scribus all
>  >> dotted lines have changed to dashed lines.
>  >>
>  >> I tried to simply re-create the dotted lines in Scribus, but no luck:
>  >> just dashed lines.
>  >>
>  >> So... any ideas how to produce a dotted line, other than typing
>  >> ............... ?
>  >>
>  >> best!
>  >>
>  >>
>  >
>  > Hi Femke,
>  >
>  > heel makkelijk:
>  >
>  > Lijn invoegen, dan F2 (Eigenschappen) > Lijn > Lijntype.
>  >
>  >
>  > Groeten
>  >
>  > Christoph
>
> Vielen Dank Christoph!
>
> Sorry I was not clearer: I did try all kinds of line-variations and
> endings, but end up with dashed lines any ways; the 'dotted' option
> under 'type of line' just gives smaller dashes, but still no dots (same
> issue in Inkscape by the way).

Bonjour Femke,

I guess this calls for a bug report. To my knowledge, very few comments
on the line options came to the list. So yours might just be that it was
not tested enough before.

My workaround has so many drawbacks and is so akward that I am reluctant
to tell it but nonetheless... You can use fill character and tabulator
to achieve such a dotted line. It will work in some cases...

Best to you too!

Louis