[Scribus] Gill Sans font

Matt Gushee matt
Wed Jun 27 03:34:51 CEST 2007

Cedric Sagne wrote:

> After an unprecedented disappointment from Gill Sans re v poor support of CE
> glyphs, I was wondering if anyone can point me to the OpenSource font which
> will be nearest graphically to expensive Gill.... and support CE glyphs?

Hi, Cedric--

I don't think you will find exactly what you are looking for: there just
aren't that many Open Source fonts available. Anyway, if such a thing
existed, I probably would have noticed, since I like to use Open Source
stuff whenever possible, and Gill Sans is my favorite sans serif.

But try this site:

   http://www.identifont.com/

 From the front page, you can search Gill Sans by name, then search for
similar fonts. You might find something you like that is reasonably priced.

Also, it appears that there are at least two foundries supplying Gill
Sans: Adobe and Linotype. While their designs are (more-or-less)
identical, I'm pretty sure they are independently produced. So whichever
one you tried, you could try using the other one (though they're both
expensive, I'm sure).

--
Matt Gushee
: Bantam - lightweight file manager : matt.gushee.net/software/bantam/ :