[Scribus] Printing two copies at the same time

John Jason Jordan johnxj
Tue Jun 26 01:32:34 CEST 2007

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 15:39:13 -0600
Frank Cox <melville.theatre at gmail.com> dijo:

> On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 14:35:23 -0700
> John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > What Linux program can I use to place PDFs on a
> > multiple page document?
>
> pdftk does a lovely job, and can be easily scripted for repetitive jobs.
>
> I posted my script for a two-page, two-up imposition on this mailing list a
> couple of days ago.

Frank,

Yes, I recall your script, and I just looked at it again.

I changed the title on this thread to eliminate the word "imposition,"
because I fear that has confused everyone. What I want is this:

Front
1   1
Back
2   2

Which is not what most people imagine when they think of imposition.

You said earlier that your script "puts two copies of page 1
side-by-side on a sheet that is twice as large as the original page"
and "it puts two copies of page 2 side-by-side on a sheet that is twice
as large as the original page." That is certainly what I want to do.

Then you said "Actually, on further thought your first step should be
to create a file using pdftk that contains two copies of each of your
pages, so you will have it as 1,1,2,2,3,3,4,4 and so on to the end of
the book."

I don't know how to make pdftk create the 1,1,2,2,3,3, etc. file. I
tried the man page for pdftk but, like most man pages, it is a short
reference for someone who already knows how to use the program. As a
beginner I didn't find more than a couple sentences that I understood.
I looked at AccessPDF.com, but didn't find any examples to help me
figure it out. I decided to post the question there, but you have to
register to post, and when you try to register it says "registration
for new users is closed." So for now I am stuck.

Even after I figure that part out, I don't know how to modify your script. :(