[Scribus] Imposition of PDF

Frank Cox melville.theatre
Sat Jun 23 02:18:46 CEST 2007

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 16:10:53 -0700
John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> wrote:

> Is there anything else I can
> use to do this imposition?

Here is the script that I use to impose my monthly theatre flyer using
Postscript output from Scribus.  This creates a double-sided 8.5x11 flyer
printed two-up on 11x17 paper, ripped with a 110 linescreen and ready to put on
plates for the press.

You should be able to easily adapt it to suit your needs.

psnup -pledger -Pletter -nup 2 flyer.ps imposed.ps
ps2pdf -dPDFSETTINGS=/printer -sPAPERSIZE=ledger imposed.ps imposed.pdf
pdftk imposed.pdf cat 1E 2W output flyer.pdf
rm imposed.ps imposed.pdf
gs -dNOPAUSE -sDEVICE=psmono -r1200 -sPAPERSIZE=11x17 -dCOLORSCREEN
-dDITHERPPI=110 -sOUTPUTFILE=temp.ps flyer.pdf -c quit rm flyer.pdf
ps2pdf temp.ps temp.pdf
rm temp.ps
pdftk temp.pdf cat 1W 2E output flyer.pdf
rm temp.pdf