[Scribus] "object has transparency" error

Craig Ringer craig
Tue Jun 19 10:29:50 CEST 2007

Frank Cox wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 12:30:11 +0800
> Craig Ringer <craig at postnewspapers.com.au> wrote:
>
>> You only need to be root (really just a printer admin configured in
>> cups; on my network any `lpadmin' member can manage printers) to set
>> printer options permanently.
>
> That's still not a great idea in a multi-user situation as it would be really
> difficult to coordinate that with where your job is in the queue.

I couldn't agree more. I'm not suggesting that as a practical solution
to the issue you're facing, I was just noting that strictly CUPS options
may bet set by a wider set of users than merely root.

--
Craig Ringer