[Scribus] "object has transparency" error

Craig Ringer craig
Tue Jun 19 06:30:11 CEST 2007

Jan Schrewe wrote:
> Frank Cox schrieb am Dienstag, 19. Juni 2007:
>> On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 03:04:29 +0200
>>
>> Jan Schrewe <jschrewe at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>> Are you using cups? If you are, then you need to make most settings in
>>> the cups admin interface (http://localhost:631) or use kprinter where you
>>> get all the ghostview options.
>> How would one do that as a user (not root)?  To the best of my current
>> knowledge, one must be root to set cups options.
>
> Yes. I suppose that is why acroread doesn't let you change anything.

Not at all. Scribus can control those options on a per-job basis, and
basically just dumps a list of options provided by the CUPS library for
the user (the "Properties" window on the printer).

Adobe just hasn't added support for that.

You only need to be root (really just a printer admin configured in
cups; on my network any `lpadmin' member can manage printers) to set
printer options permanently.

--
Craig Ringer