[Scribus] Which version to use?

russbucket russbucket
Mon Jun 18 05:33:59 CEST 2007

On Sunday June 17 2007 14:45, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> Craig Bradney wrote:
> >>
> >> 1.3.4 might be compatible with 1.3.5, but not with 1.3.6. Using 1.3.4
> >> and unstable version is generally not recommended,
> >
> > 1.3.6 will load 1.3.5 docs
> > 1.3.6 will load 1.3.4 docs
> > 1.3.6 will load 1.3.3 docs
> > see a pattern?
>
> The issue you have to deal with now is that if you get stuck in 1.3.4,
> whatever you have done will not be able to be opened in 1.3.3.x or
> earlier. Stuck can mean a file that keeps crashing Scribus, or something
> you can't get to look the way you want it to. For something critical,
> for someone new to Scribus, you will have a much more dependable tool
> with 1.3.3.x.
>
> Greg
I tried 1.3.3.10 from OpenSuSE and it keep crashing with Signal 11 when I
tried opening a 1.3.3.7 file with a total of five pictures. Turns out two of
the pictures were bigger than the frame. When I deleted the pictures,
rescaled the pictures with Gimp 480x360 to 256x192 and put them back, it
worked. I was looking for a version 1.3.3.9 for SuSE 10.2 but only found
1.3.4 and 1.3.5 and the older 1.3.3.7.

I installed 1.3.5svn ? and it appears to would with a 1.3.4 document but the
style sheets are giving me the same problem I was seeing in 1.3.4. I will
investigate further and make sure its not an operator problem first.

Russ
Linux register user 441463