[Scribus] Imposition from within Scribus (again...)

Craig Bradney cbradney
Fri Jun 15 12:14:53 CEST 2007

> > You have just finished a 8 page booklet laid out
> > nicely (A4 landscape, to be
> > folded so you have an A5 booklet). Text, everything
> > ready.
> > Now suddenly your supervisor comes in and says: "Hi,
> > there's this piece of
> > text that just must go in that booklet!" And of
> > course it has to go somewhere
> > in the middle. Now you have to rearrange
> > EVERYTHING...
> > Wouldn't it be nice to just insert a page, put your
> > text there  and let
> > Scribus do the rest? Or am I the only one who has
> > such supervisors?
> >

> Work in progress (Google Summer of Code 2007):
> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Imposition_Plugin_Discussion

For this to be done properly, we would then expect you to have done your
document on A5 pages rather than A4. Imposition will help you there, but not
move all your items around for you. Of course, this is not such a horrible
or major task if you group and drag though.

Craig